Created by University of Salford Art Collection and School of Arts & Media in partnership with our professional partners: Castlefield Gallery, Hot Bed Press, Islington Mill, Paradise Works and Redeye, The Photography Network.
Now in its fourth year the Graduate Scholarship programme was established to support artists in the crucial first year after graduation. We want to encourage artists to remain in Salford and to develop their professional practice within the artist community in the city. Although the programme is for one year many artists remain in studios in Salford or part of the wider Scholarship network.
The 12-month programme is open to all final year undergraduate students from the School of Arts and Media.
In 2017, we offered six scholarships and the group comprising of three Visual Arts graduates, one Creative Music Technology graduate, one Graphics graduate and one Photography graduate. Two of the Visual Arts graduates have individual studio spaces at Hot Bed Press and the third is at Paradise Works. The Creative Music Technology and Graphics Graduates are based at Islington Mill and the Photography graduate is with Redeye, The Photography Network.
What we offer:
Each award is bespoke and is tailored to the needs of the individual. However, as a guide we offer:
- Up to £1000 cash award towards professional development (for example research, travel, and training) or production/material costs.
- Studio space (at one of the studios in Salford: Hot Bed Press, Islington Mill or Paradise Works) from October 2018 – September 2019.
- Mentor support & guidance from more established artists and arts professionals.
- Opportunity to work with and develop links with a peer group of new graduate artists, and build new professional networks.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
The Graduate Scholarship Programme is only open to University of Salford students from the School of Arts and Media who will graduate or complete their undergraduate studies in July 2018.
Applications deadline: by 9am on Monday 23rd April 2018
Details can be found on the application page.
News from our Scholars